Monday, June 7, 2010

Sample Spree

My next instalment for Quilt Market is SAMPLE SPREE!!!
Wow is this an event.
Women Que for hours, just to get the best bargains.
Sample spree is all the wholesalers offering fabric, thread etc for a very low price.



Some of these ladies stood here for at least three hours.

As far as the eye could see, they were everywhere.

I joined this group of familiar faces and stood for an hour.
These ladies are all the way from Invercargill, wheelchair and all, but that is another story.
The organisers open the doors at 8pm and it is literally a stampede.
I made a promise to myself not to buy any fabric and I am happy to say my bags did not contain one piece.

I had my eye on the very hard to get Cosmo Thread.
And am pleased to say I made my way through the pushing and shoving to get this, 80 colours of variegated Cosmo thread.

Also picked up some two strand in Black, Red, Blue and green.
And some Egyptian cotton machine thread to have a play with.

Well I have managed to get to my sewing machine today and it was great.


1 comment:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

looks like you had a wicked time, catch you in Christchurch in a few weeks!!