Sunday, June 6, 2010

To Spring Market and Back

Yes I have been to spring market in Minneapolis and am now back, actually I have been back for a week.
Whoops, sorry, very lazy at catching up.
Quilt Market was great, got to go on the bus tour for a whole day around Minneapolis and over to Saint Paul.
This is the beautiful cathedral in Saint Paul, it's as close as I could get, being on the bus.

As part of our trip we went to Kwik Sew Patterns, which was amazing.
I have a new appreciation for my dress making patterns, the work that goes into the final product is huge.

This is owner Eric explaining all the detail of the pattern making process, very interesting.

We had lunch at a Museum and then hopped in the bus and travelled over to Bear Patch Quilting.
What an aladins cave, I had a wee shop here, bought some Cosmo Thread.


We also visited the Bernina shop and another liitle store called Petals.



Then off to Treadle Yarns and Fabric and yes my Credit card was pulled out of the purse here.
This store had the most amazing range of Laminated cotton, sooooo yes you guessed it, I had to have some.


How cute is this coat!!!
And this quilt was on the wall.
It was so beautiful, made with silks and cottons and fantastic gold thread used in the quilting.
A great day was had by all and I met some lovely ladies.
We all arrived home  very tired, but ready to do it all again tomorrow, with School House and Sample Spree.
More on that later.
Bye for now.









No comments: