Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend of Whoopsies

This long weekend, I thought I would take the opportunity to finish some projects or maybe start a new one?
I have not been able to complete anything.
For a long time now I have had this project sitting around waiting to be finished for one of my customers, who asked me to do this for them, oh hold on I think I actually offered to do it!
That was last october and it has been on my mind to get it finished.



This is the centre piece for the mat and I have been stitching away trying to get the middle section finished.
Got a little bored with that, as it wasn't happening quick enough for me, so I decided to do this instead.
All going well, cut it out, stitched around the scallop edge and was ready to turn it right sides out.
Now the pattern says "DO NOT CUT THE BACKING, PLACE A SMALL SLIT IN THE TOP"
AAARRRGGHHH what did I do? Cut the backing!

That was whoopsie number one.

The pattern is a hatched and patched one and it is really cute, but I am so over it.....TODAY


Whoopsie number two.
Just had to start a new project and now I am kicking myself.
Last May while I was at the Portland Quilt Market, I got the chance to go to sample spree.
A-MAZ_ING.
Anyhoo I came home with all sorts of goodies including a fat 1/4 range of fabrics, that I have been waiting to find the perfect project for.


I cut them up before I took a picture.



But saved the selvedge's for a friend, who I know will use them.
The range is called Meadowsweet by Renee Nanneman of Need l Love.


Here is the quilt I am going to make.
From Heather Mulder Peterson's book Fat Quarter Five.
So I spent half the day happily cutting out the blocks and strips for this quilt and set to last night to stitch them all back together again.
AAARRRGGHH!!! I had cut all the strips 1 3/8" instead of 1 3/4".
Fortunately I have taken a days leave tomorrow and may be able to sit and do the math required to pit the quilt together.
Hope your weekend has been a productive one.
Maybe I will let you all into a few wee unfinished secrets in my next post.





No comments: