Sunday, August 22, 2010

EYE SPY

More like CROSS EYED.

I stayed up into the wee small hours and finished sewing together hexagons and triangles on this eye spy quilt.
My neice is coming for christmas.... CHRISTMAS!!!! I KNOW!! and she has a wee chap who is going to be two on December 7th, so I thought I would get this finished and then decide birthday? or Christmas?


The original patern is one of my customers, but I have made it a whole lot bigger and have yet to decide on acccent and border.

I have had a busy few days at the sewing machine, too cold outside still, to be gardening.
I have done the next block in my whig roses and made a little buggie quilt out of some scraps using cottons and Minkie.
We sell Minkie and some of my customers still ask me what they should do with it.

This little sample is yet to be backed with Minkie and will be so lovely and soft.
I am going to use it as a sample to show my customers.

It's a lovely sunny day today, but still only 5 degrees outside.
I think I may have to wrap up warm and get out in the garden, as I still have six new roses to be planted, finding them  a home may be a problem.
I love roses and just keep buying them with no thought on where they might go.
A major shuffle around I think, so we can fit them in.

Then offto Christchurch this afternoon for the week, for work.

Hope your week is a good one.


Take Care








2 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Wow Michelle, you're on a roll. How do you manage it all and work and gardening too. Next time you're up this way call in.
hugs - Miche'le

Deb said...

I am so with you on the rose buying Michelle. Thats exactly what I do and Bill looks at me with "the look" as if to say where the blimin heck are these going.
Loving the eye spy quilt hun.