Sunday, February 7, 2010

Japanese Loveliness

One of the really neat things about my job, is that when a fabric has sold out, I get to keep the small sample, or give them away to friends and customers.

It's raining today and I have been distracted.
I have been going through all the samples and having a wee play.
They have all gone into a basket, where I can see them and one day as part of my RETIREMENT PLAN, I will maybe make some of the little houses and projects from this book.




I have also taken some pictures of the sewing, so far.
This Tunic looked quite simple, but took me longer than I thought.
A lot of patience was required to get the pleats around the neckline sitting just right.

This dress doesn't look so good in this picture, but it is really nice on and will be cool to wear, this coming week when I am in Nelson


And this cute little top is nice and bright and will look great with my white 3/4 Pants.


So all in all a productive weekend and now it's time to go pack my bags for my week away for work.
Hope yours is a good one


1 comment:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hi ya...lots of sewing over the weekend then huh! Good on you