Thursday, July 29, 2010

GORDON BENNETT

Thats how the english express themselves.
Isn't it??
Wow the last week has been an emotional roller coaster, in a good way, not a bad way.

Starting Saturday, I went to a workshop in Geraldine that was tutored by Jacquie Karl....very cool lady.
We were making the cutest little fairy boots, all sewn by hand, so no sewing machine required.
Yes ladies did turn up with sewing machines, I was just glad to be able to leave mine behind at home.
I didn't get to take any photos, so I will have to get a wriggle on and finish them, or at least one, so I can show you.
It was a great day and I met some very nice people.

Then on Tuesday and Wednesday I attended a workshop in Queenstown with visiting UK  artist Louise Gardiner.....fabulously, very cool, funky, talented lady. YES I liked her a lot.
For this workshop we did need our sewing machines, which freaked me out, cos we also needed pens, pencils and sketch pads.
Here is Louise doing a demo.

So me thinks there was some drawing to be done and that just jolly well scared the living day lights out of me.

We did draw and we did sew and it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be.
I have never been pushed so far out of my comfort zone before and it was exhilerating and exhausting.

Some amazing work was produced over the two days.

Below are just a few examples of the girls work.
It was so much fun and now I need some time in my room to spread out all my paints, threads and fabrics so I can have a play because I certainly have been inspired.













Hope you enjoyed.
Take care.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woop Woop!

So glad you feel inspired! Now keep it up Girlie!

I am now on my own in QT and I feel bored already.
I am going for a hair cut and am staying in a noisy backpackers .... Am I too old for this? Aghhh hell!

Wish you were here for a laugh!

X